Contra Dancing in West Michigan | Community Spirit
Start out the new year with some foot-stompin' fun! Contra dancing is a fun family friendly event, and no partner is necessary! On Friday nights the Grand River Folk Arts Society puts on Contra Dances at the Fifth Street Hall in Grand Rapids.
Come early for a Contra Dance Basics workshop at 7:00pm. This is a dance introduction, or a refresher if you've been away from contra dancing awhile. The West Michigan community of dancers welcomes newcomers! It is their tradition to bring a snack to share, if you can!
Don't miss the fun... One caller, One band, One good time!!!
Friday, January 4th, 2013:
Band: Celery City Sodbusters
Caller: Karin Neils
$ 9 General
$ 7 Folk/dance societies members
$ 20 family$ 5 Student
$ 1 First Time Friend
Most Friday nights: 7:00pm basic instruction, 7:30pm dancing
Fifth Street Hall - Upstairs
701 5th Street NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants