GRPS board offers Neal multi-year deal | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- Board members at Grand Rapids Rapids Public Schools want Teresa Weatherall Neal -- the woman who took over the district on an interim basis after Bernard Taylor left -- to get the superintendent post on a complete basis.
The board released its six-month evaluation of Neal at Monday night's meeting. They judged her on six goal areas: academic achievement, culture, collaboration, professional development, accountability, and budgeting and finance. Board members say Neal scored 95 out of 100 possible points.
Members voted Monday to remove the term "interim" from Neal's title, and offer her a multi-year contract. Neal was not present at Monday's meeting due to a family emergency.
The board named Neal as the district's interim superintendent on January 3. That same day members accepted the resignation of Bernard Taylor, who had been seeking positions outside of the district for months.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State