Our network

Space heater sparks GR house fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Space heater sparks GR house fire
News


GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) -- An electrical issue with a space heater sparked a fire in home on Grand Rapids' Northeast Side, said a firefighter at the scene. 

The family was in the residence near the intersection of Plymouth Avenue and Michigan Street NE when they smelled smoke around 10 a.m. Monday. Dispatch reports indicated the fire was contained to the second floor of a home.

The fire did not leave the room in which the space heater was kept, a firefighter said.

Michigan Street east of Plymouth Avenue closed for a time while crews worked to extinguish the fire.

 


News

Grand Rapids Central Deals