Jobs protest outside Amash's office | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)- A group protesting in Grand Rapids Wednesday is taking aim at Republican Congressman Justin Amash. The liberal group MoveOn.org rallied outside Amash's office in downtown Grand Rapids. The protestors say Amash needs to focus more on creating jobs, not cutting government services and programs.
Mike Franz, with MoveOn.org says, "Basically without jobs, America doesn't function, the middle class doesn't function. The working class people who made this country strong are being left alone, they're being cast aside in this discussion in Washington about changing the debt structure of our country."
The local MoveOn.org group is concerned about cuts affecting Social Security and supports President Obama's health care law.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State