New Skin Cancer Center in Grand Rapids | News
Grand Rapids (WZZM) - West Michigan will soon open a new center to help patients through the worst types of skin cancer.
Saint Mary's Health Care in Grand Rapids will create a skin cancer center inside the Lacks Cancer Center.
The announcment coincides with melanoma awareness month, which is in May. Melanoma is the most deadly type of skin cancer.
Dr. Diana Castanon, a dermatologist with Advantage Health, along with Dr. Laurence McCahill from the Lacks Cancer Center at Saint Mary's Health Care explained the new skin cancer center.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State