Colleen Lamoreaux-Tate to lead FSU women's basketball | News
BIG RAPIDS, Mich (Ferris State Sports Information) - One of the top prep coaches in the state of Michigan will take over the Ferris State University women's basketball program as FSU Athletics Director Perk Weisenburger Thursday (June 14) officially announced the appointment of Colleen Lamoreaux-Tate as the Bulldogs' new head coach.
A veteran coach with 26 years of experience on the sidelines, Lamoreaux-Tate most recently has spent the last seven years as the varsity girls basketball coach at Grand Rapids Catholic Central High School where she's guided the Cougars to a 167-19 cumulative record.
She becomes only the sixth head coach in the 38-year history of Bulldog women's basketball and replaces former head coach Tracey Dorow, who accepted the head coaching position at NCAA Division I Valparaiso University in April. She will officially begin her duties on Monday, June 18.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State