Grand Rapids pools open to hot weather | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Three Grand Rapids swimming pools open for the season on Monday, July 2, 2012.
The pools at Briggs Park, Martin Luther King, Jr. Park and Richmond Park open at 12:30 pm. They will be open through August 17, although they are closed July 4.
The different pools hold open swim during the following hours:
Briggs Pool - Lafayette & Knapp NE
Martin Luther King Pool - Fuller & Franklin SE
Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat: 12:30-7:00pm
Tu & Th: 12:30-5:00pm
Richmond Pool - Richmond & Tamarack NW
Grand Rapids lowered the cost to swim again for the summer of 2012. Babies under one year old are free. Children from 1 to 17 cost $1 if they live in Grand Rapids and $4 if they live outside of Grand Rapids. Adults 18 and over cost $2 if they live in Grand Rapids and $4 if they live outside of Grand Rapids.
For the first time this year, Grand Rapids pools are offering swim punch cards. The card is punched each time you swim during open swim. The more you visit, the more you save. Inquire at the Grand Rapids Pools for more information.
You can find more information about the Grand Rapids pools and the activities held at the pools by clicking here to go to the Grand Rapids website.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State