GR firefighter charged in PA rape case | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- A Grand Rapids firefighter who was named the city's Firefighter of the Year for 2011, is being held in the Kent County Jail on rape charges from Pennsylvania.
Lieutenant Lee Finlayson, 50, of Rockford, was arrested Thursday, on forcible rape charges out of Beaver County, Penn.
According to a complaint provided to WZZM 13 News, Finlayson is accused of forcing a woman to engage in sex acts at her home in Brighton Township, Penn., back in September.
According to documents, the victim filed for a protection order against Finlayson after the alleged incident. The order was granted on October 11.
Finlayson was named 2011 Firefighter of the year in April of 2011. He became a Grand Rapids firefighter in 1997, and is currently assigned to the LaGrave Ave. fire station.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State