Reach out this Thanksgiving | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- Head to Access of West Michigan and the shelves are stocked. However, one thing you won't see are the 500 needy families waiting for someone to help purchase their Thanksgiving dinner.
Families can become a provider and donate key Thanksgiving items like potatoes, stuffing, turkey, and dessert to Access of West Michigan.
Mel Trotter also needs a few hundred birds. For families who can't make Mel Trotter's yearly dinner they depend on the brown bag program. People can donate to the brown bag program at Biggby or Chemical Bank by December 3rd to help those families.
Guiding Light is already set on volunteers for their dinner that serves 200 people. They need a dozen more turkeys and decorations for the tables.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Providing healthy food is biggest challenge for local food pantries
- My Town: Breton Village mall announces expansion and new retailers
- My Town GR South: Meet In The Image's new Executive Director
- Orangeville Fire Department sponsoring Tigers Ball Game Trip
- Give Cats a Hand/Texas Hold ‘Em Event April 14-17