Reach out this Thanksgiving | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- Head to Access of West Michigan and the shelves are stocked. However, one thing you won't see are the 500 needy families waiting for someone to help purchase their Thanksgiving dinner.
Families can become a provider and donate key Thanksgiving items like potatoes, stuffing, turkey, and dessert to Access of West Michigan.
Mel Trotter also needs a few hundred birds. For families who can't make Mel Trotter's yearly dinner they depend on the brown bag program. People can donate to the brown bag program at Biggby or Chemical Bank by December 3rd to help those families.
Guiding Light is already set on volunteers for their dinner that serves 200 people. They need a dozen more turkeys and decorations for the tables.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants