West Michigan project among lowest grossing films | News
(WZZM)- A movie made in West Michigan is among the lowest grossing films of the year.
According to Box Office Mojo, "Playback" made just $264 during its box office debut. However, the film only aired in one theater.
"Playback" stars Christian Slater and is about a group of high school students who unlock evil while digging into their town's past. Crews shot scenes in Grand Rapids, Lowell and even at the WZZM 13 studios. The project employed more than 100 people from West Michigan.
"Playback" ranked 654th out of 655 films. "The Ghastly Love of Johnny X" made the least money this year, grossing just $117. The top seller this year was "Avengers", which raked in more than $623 million. "The Dark Knight Rises", "Hunger Games", "Skyfall" and the final Twilight film rounded out the top five.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State