Eastown building now a historic landmark | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - The largest building in Grand Rapids' Eastown neighborhood is one of three michigan properties to receive national recognition.
The Kingsley building, located on Lake Drive is now on the list of the national register of historic places. Built in 1926, the five-story, gothic-inspired building was first occupied by Grand Rapids Storage and Van.
It later housed Zondervan's headquarters.
In 2011, Bazzani Associates redeveloped it into retail space and restored its original art deco facade, which was covered up in the 1950s.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State