River Bank run announces changes | News
GRAND RAPIDS, (WZZM) - Organizers of the Fifth Third River Bank run are announcing changes to this year's race weekend.
There is a second day race for participants using handcycles and wheelchairs for the first time. A new "Event Alert System" will keep participants, volunteers, and spectators informed throughout race day.
Two new programs will expand the river bank run's health and fitness initiatives to year round. Greg Meyer of the River Bank Run says "It's keeping that promise to yourself, whether it's a New Year's resolution or it's the consistency that you've brought to your exercise and your health over the long term."
This year they are also offering a $5,000 bonus to anyone that sets a certified American record in the 25K.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Providing healthy food is biggest challenge for local food pantries
- My Town: Breton Village mall announces expansion and new retailers
- My Town GR South: Meet In The Image's new Executive Director
- Orangeville Fire Department sponsoring Tigers Ball Game Trip
- Give Cats a Hand/Texas Hold ‘Em Event April 14-17