River Bank run announces changes | News
GRAND RAPIDS, (WZZM) - Organizers of the Fifth Third River Bank run are announcing changes to this year's race weekend.
There is a second day race for participants using handcycles and wheelchairs for the first time. A new "Event Alert System" will keep participants, volunteers, and spectators informed throughout race day.
Two new programs will expand the river bank run's health and fitness initiatives to year round. Greg Meyer of the River Bank Run says "It's keeping that promise to yourself, whether it's a New Year's resolution or it's the consistency that you've brought to your exercise and your health over the long term."
This year they are also offering a $5,000 bonus to anyone that sets a certified American record in the 25K.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants