Alleged Latin Kings appear in federal court | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Several of the alleged Holland Latin Kings gang members appeared in federal court Thursday. 31 men are facing charges ranging from racketeering to distribution of drugs. Most are in custody but police are still looking for two of the men.
Federal authorities are still looking for two other men: Jose Hernandez is accused of selling drugs and a shooting, and Uvaldo Ruiz is accused of a gang-related assault.
The indictment alleges that the gang members were part of a criminal organization that included shootings, stabbings, and selling drugs.
The arraignments continue Friday in federal court.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State