'Cool Brews, Hot Eats' in Grand Rapids | News
Grand Rapids (WZZM) - It's called the winter version of Restaurant Week, but with more of a focus on West Michigan craft beers.
Monday, 'Cool Brews, Hot Eats' begins. It's a celebration of food and West Michigan craft breweries.
Local chefs have created beer infused dishes and menus including beer pairings.
The first weekend of 'Cool Brews, Hot Eats' is also the weekend of the Winter Beer Festival and organizers expect crossover.
"If you didn't get a ticket and you still want to come to Beer City USA and still have an experience, you can visit craft breweries, you can visit the restaurants," said Janet Korn with Experience Grand Rapids. "So my hunch is that there will be more people coming over the next weekend specifically, but we did do some promotions throughout the state so I think people might be looking for a weekend getaway."
To learn more about the event and which restaurants are participating, click here. To see a local chef put together one of the dishes for 'Cool Brews, Hot Eats' click on the video link.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State