Gerald Ford Museum closing if gov't shuts down | News
LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- National parks in Michigan are among those expected to close across the nation if there's a federal government shutdown.
The federal government says national parks would close. National parks in Michigan that would be affected by such an order likely include Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Keweenaw National Historical Park, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and Isle Royale National Park.
An official with the Gerald R. Ford presidential library in Ann Arbor and museum in Grand Rapids said Thursday those facilities would close in the event of a federal government shutdown.
The federal government faces a partial shutdown at midnight Friday if Congress doesn't take action to avoid one
Gov. Rick Snyder's administration says it expects most state services will continue with minimal or no disruption if a brief shutdown happens.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State