LaughFest photographer displays comical pictures | News
Grand Rapids (WZZM) - There are some very unique ways comedy is being expressed during the 10 day LaughFest event going on now in Grand Rapids.
One of those is through a local photographer. Brian Kelly, whose work can be seen in national magazines, recruited several well-known Grand Rapids faces including our own Lee Van Ameyde and put them in comical settings.
It's an idea Brian believes helps to honor Gilda Radner as well as the city's ability to come together for a common cause like cancer.
"Just the fact that we could get people to sign off on being a car mechanic like Lee Van Ameyde or Dave Van Andel to be a hockey player that sort of playfulness in support of Gilda's Club and LaughFest has been a really really cool thing to work with as a photographer," said Kelly.
The photographs are on display in the hallway of the 5th 3rd Bank building in downtown Grand Rapids on Lyon Street.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State