Margaret Cho featured in LaughFest Saturday | News
Grand Rapids (WZZM) - The first weekend of LaughFest is now about half finished and Saturday, a show definitely not for children filled up the Ford Fieldhouse.
"I have been here before," said comedian Margaret Cho about Grand Rapids. "It's been a really long time. So it's really nice to be back."
Margaret Cho did her stand up show to a sold out crowd in Grand Rapids Saturday night.
"I think it's pretty rude, so Grand Rapids better be ready," said Cho. "For me it's not rude, I'm just being juvenile, so I think it's going to be exciting."
Cho's opening act was her best friend John Roberts who also introduced Cho to the stage.
She was in Grand Rapids for only one night. She took some time off from shooting the show 'Drop Dead Diva' in Atlanta to come and support Gilda's Club.
"I am a major Gilda Radner fan," she said. "I think most kids in my generation grew up watching Saturday Night Live and just idolizing her and so it's an honor to be able to perform for this amazing organization."
WZZM 13'S health reporter Valerie Lego served as one of the emcees of Saturday's show.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants