Rubber chickens fly in Grand Rapids | News
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) - Hundreds of people packed Rosa Parks Circle in downtown Grand Rapids Thursday night, for a unique start of the inaugural LaughFest.
Visitors tossed 925 rubber chickens to break a world record held by Boston, Massachusetts.
"This is phenomenal, I'm looking around at this crowd, for this many people to show up on a cold night to toss a rubber chicken, it says wonderful things about the Grand Rapids community and LaughFest," said Michael Radner, brother of Gilda Radner, who inspired Gilda's Club Grand Rapids.
Gilda's Club is organizing the 10 day event, which includes a variety of comedians, competitions, and family fun. A schedule of events can be found on laughfestgr.org.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State