Rubber chickens fly in Grand Rapids | News
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) - Hundreds of people packed Rosa Parks Circle in downtown Grand Rapids Thursday night, for a unique start of the inaugural LaughFest.
Visitors tossed 925 rubber chickens to break a world record held by Boston, Massachusetts.
"This is phenomenal, I'm looking around at this crowd, for this many people to show up on a cold night to toss a rubber chicken, it says wonderful things about the Grand Rapids community and LaughFest," said Michael Radner, brother of Gilda Radner, who inspired Gilda's Club Grand Rapids.
Gilda's Club is organizing the 10 day event, which includes a variety of comedians, competitions, and family fun. A schedule of events can be found on laughfestgr.org.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids Central
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Providing healthy food is biggest challenge for local food pantries
- My Town: Breton Village mall announces expansion and new retailers
- My Town GR South: Meet In The Image's new Executive Director
- Orangeville Fire Department sponsoring Tigers Ball Game Trip
- Give Cats a Hand/Texas Hold ‘Em Event April 14-17